Six hotels tried during his studies, one job offer before graduation and one opportunity to start his own business in Hong-Kong...
His name is Victor Bellor. He went to the Jason de Sailly high school, the largest campus in France, where he graduated with a scientific major.
After that he attended the Paris II Pantheon University for Law School, up until 2010, when he decided to go to Vatel. And now what?
- Three years of courses in English, or as Victor says, “the universal language of hospitality.”
- Four different hotels during his studies:
- Ten different kinds of work in just three years, or a “360° picture of the field as well as experience in the various hierarchical levels in jobs a hotel has,” said this Vatelien proudly:
- His first year internship in the F&B and Catering department of the Amigo Brussels hotel, where he learned the “discipline required in a gourmet restaurant.”
- His second year internship in the brand new Shangri-La La Hotel de Beijing Restaurant, where he had the opportunity of participating in the restaurant’s new design as well as drawing up its new menus: “an unbelievable multicultural experience like those you can only find in the international hospitality industry,” said Victor, when he thought back on the cultural diversity his clients and his fellow workers had, in this internship.
- One job offer by the Shangri-La Group, even before he finished his second year internship. At that time the hotel chain was preparing the grand opening of the London Shangri-La and wanted to hire Victor in the F&B department of its future gourmet restaurant. He had just enough time to finish his courses at Vatel Brussels and to accumulate another six months of experience as the Captain at the Maison Blanche Paris restaurant.
- A year and a half at the Shangri-La in London. He was promoted from Supervisor to Assistant Restaurant Manager. He was just 24 years old and already leading a team of over 50 people, at one of the most prestigious restaurants in the English capital.
- One new opportunity in Hong-Kong, where he began to “create a restaurant chain in the Asia-Pacific area, funded by French investors and support by the Art de Vivre group. The first Tartine restaurant opened in October 2015 in the Soho district and was immediately a great success.
And a great development forecast for the soon to be opened “Take Away Corners” that will be launched in other Hong-Kong districts. The first one is slated to open in June, 2016. Many other franchises are also in the discussion stages in the Middle East, the United States, Southern Asia and in France.
On Monday morning, 80 new students arrived at Vatel Switzerland. The intake week was the occasion for these fresh new Bachelors to discover the school, the area, and to well prepare themselves for the academic semester ahead.Read more
September marks the return of our 2nd and 3rd year students from their internships. We talk to one of them to get the scoop on their experience!Read more
On September 1st, on Vatel Switzerland’s campus, 86 newly graduated Vatelians, received their diplomas by the famous Swiss Mountaineer, Mr. Jean Troillet.Read more
On Friday the 15th of June, after a week of exams for Bachelor students, everyone gathered for the memorable and lively Gala night for Vatel Switzerland.Read more
Vatel Switzerland’s gastronomic fortnight takes us to the flavors of Singaporean cuisine.Read more
The file submitted this spring to the SEFRI (State Secretariat of Education, Research and Innovation) has been well received with a seal of approval for the "École Supérieure" accreditation.Read more
Vatel Switzerland student Naika, participates in one of Switzerland’s most famous mountaineering ski races organized every two years by the Swiss Armed forces.Read more
Le 29 avril prochain, nos étudiants accompagnés de leur professeur vont s’élancer sur le 20KM de Lausanne. Une bonne raison de récolter des fonds pour une association !
Last week our MBA graduating students had to put on their entrepreneurial thinking caps to present their year-end projects.Read more
Vatel Switzerland 3rd year students get acquainted and cozy at the newest Oenopark !Read more
We took the time to catch up with third year Bachelor student, Dimitri Guillton, and find out his enriching experience at the St.Regis Bora Bora Resort and Spa ***** as a Concierge.Read more
This week we had the chance to go to Marseille in France and visit Vatel Switzerland alumni, Romain Nicoli. He has become the Deputy Director of Marketing Strategies at Chef Gerald Passedat’s 3* Michelin group.Read more
The second year International Bachelor Class wrap up their Communications course through theatrical plays.Read more
The International Bachelor Class say their good byes after 3 years at Vatel Switzerland!Read more
Let’s shred some powder!Read more
The Fairmont Montreux Palace recruits at Vatel SwitzerlandRead more
Vatel Switzerland’s newest Event Ambassador reaches the summit!Read more
Florence Delhaise, class of 2015 has won the 2017 Bucherer Trophy for the best receptionist in SwitzerlandRead more
Switzerland is the core of global finance and training in hotel management making it well recognized as a reputable Swiss institution.
Vatel Switzerland located in Martigny has decided to combine these two elements with a new MBA Specialization. Starting in November 2017, Vatel Switzerland will be conducting their new 3 semester program in Financial Management.Read more